I am the founder and first licensee of TEDxSSC. I was the Chief Organizer of TEDxSSC 2014 and TEDxSSCLive 2015, and Co-chair & Executive Producer of TEDxSSC 2015. Each of these TEDx events had 250+ guests, 15+ speakers, 30+ organizing team members, $10k budget.
TED is a world-wide recognized brand ensuring high quality talks, speakers and ideas. In 2014 I was President of the SSC Alumni Association; along with the Student Association and the academic leaders, we decided to bring TED experience in our institution and community through TEDxSSC. In fact, many of the TEDx values match our institution values (interdisciplinarity, fostering new ideas, spreading innovation and creativity). TEDx mission is to communicate the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world. Our speakers were unheard local voices as well as known personalities.
In our first edition, we demonstrated how uncommon ideas and people (the exceptions) can make a real difference, change the world and set a new standard for our everyday life. We chose an extremely fascinating theme: “Dall’eccezione alla regola” (“From the exception to the standard”). The theme of the second edition was “Nonostante – idee, scelte e storie che sfidano ogni limite” (“Nevertheless – ideas, choices, and stories challenging all possible limits”). We presented ideas, technologies, stories that have emerged and succeeded despite limits of space and time, unfortunate contexts, intrinsic challenges.
More info at tedxssc.it. Follow us @TEDxSSC. Like us on Facebook.
Stanford Leaders in Communication helps learning techniques to show the real value of research findings and recruit others to your cause. In addition to becoming experts in various fields, leaders need to promote their work and influence others. Through practice at weekly meetings, we quickly learn to apply these techniques automatically even in high stakes situations. We also have the opportunity to role-play real scenarios to improve your negotiation and Q&A skills. The goal is to give club members the ability to promote research results in a meaningful and persuasive way so other scientists recognize the value of your research rather than overlook your work.
Our motto is: Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done, because he wants to do it (D. Eisenhower).
- Group facilitator for a workshop on job interviewing communication skills at AWIS (Fall 2014)
- Group facilitator for a communication and persuasion workshop at StartX (Fall 2014)
- Selected by the Associate Director of Curriculum Development of the Stanford School of Medicine Career Center as a group facilitator for the class INDE231A – Academic Interviews: Workshop and Clinic (Fall 2014)
- Selected by the Director of the Stanford Interdisciplinary Life Science Communications as a group facilitator for a scientific pitch training workshop for 3rd year Stanford grad students (Spring 2014)
- Admitted to participate to the workshop: How to Create a Compelling LinkedIn Profile
- Admitted to participate to the workshop: Persuasive Email Writing
- Group facilitator for the workshop: How to Craft a Compelling Research Statement Workshop
- Admitted to participate to the workshop: Personal branding